Partnering With Churches!
What is it?
The Marriage Mentoring Program (MMP) is designed to train pastors, church leaders, and key couples within the church to effectively reach out to couples struggling in their marriage. The MMP was created by Genesis to train couples within the church on how to be successful marriage mentors. The focus of the MMP is in teaching biblically based, yet practical information in the areas of intimacy, communication, conflict resolution, priorities, reconciliation and other key marital topics. The MMP also has the goal of helping mentor couples think biblically, as well as how to engage couples on a heart level. Ultimately, the MMP is a partnership between Genesis and a church with the overall goal of healing, restoring and mentoring conflicted couples, and strengthening their relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
How does it work?
Why the MMP?
The MMP is presented in a seminar format that may be delivered in a Friday evening- Saturday, or a two day (Friday-Saturday) time frame. The focus of the seminar is in teaching biblical and practical information in the areas of intimacy, communication, conflict resolution, priorities, reconciliation, and other key marital topics. The seminar also has the goal of helping couples think biblically, as well as how to effectively engage with other couples at a deeper level. The seminar is a combination of instruction, demonstration by the presenters, and hands-on practice by the participants. We find that this process is the best way for students to learn how to effectively use the material that is presented.
- Pastors often do not have the time to spend counseling couples to the extent that is needed.
- Pastors may have confidence that a couple is being helped through a biblical approach and practical application by adequately trained mentors.
- Some couples need continuous accountability and support to move forward.
- Simply attending weekly counseling sessions may not be beneficial to some couples.
- There is a set ministry in place where a couple may turn to if they are in need of help.
- Genesis is able to come alongside the pastor and the mentors to assist in a couple’s progress.
- Some couples need the Marriage Reconciliation Week (MRW) to have a significant impact, and the mentor couple may play a key role in helping the couple uphold their MRW Reconciliation Plan.